Philip Kaestle, a Director at SierraConstellation Partners, provides financial and operational consulting services to companies in transition. He is skilled in balance sheet restructurings, interim management, operational turnarounds, debt and equity capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, financial modeling and forecasting. Philip has worked in a variety of industries, including: aerospace, apparel, entertainment, financial services, food and beverage, industrial services, manufacturing, marketing, media, real estate and retail.
Prior to joining SCP, Philip was an associate vice president in OneWest Bank’s Media and Entertainment Finance Group where he was responsible for structuring, underwriting and executing new senior debt transactions and recapitalizations for media and entertainment companies. He was also a senior financial analyst in OneWest Bank’s Commercial Real Estate Group, responsible for managing and liquidating non-performing real estate assets.
Before joining OneWest Bank, Philip was an associate at Arch Bay Capital, a Southern California based real estate investment fund. He started his career as an investment banking analyst with Imperial Capital, LLC in Los Angeles, focused on mergers, acquisitions and restructuring.
Philip holds a Bachelor’s degree in Financial Economics from Claremont McKenna College. He is originally from Seattle and currently lives in Los Angeles.
- Interim Chief Financial Officer to a color marketing manufacturing company where he executed a series of cost reductions and operational improvements to increase profitability despite a challenging operating environment. He also assisted with the sale of the company, resulting in full repayment to the senior lender.
- Part of a team that served as Interim Chief Restructuring Officer and Chief Financial Officer to an ethnic grocery store chain. Key responsibilities included cost reductions, vendor relations and cash management. He implemented a $12 million restructuring within a three-month timeframe which stabilized the business and allowed for a sale and subsequent recapitalization.
- Provided interim management, financial and operational restructuring advisory services to a musical instrument manufacturing company where he successfully integrated the acquisition of a major division of a major competitor and restructured the debt with lenders.
- Financial advisor to a manufacturer of wholesale pies where he managed an orderly wind down of the business and the eventual sale of the company’s remaining assets, resulting in full repayment to the senior lender.
- Financial advisor to a diversified industrial service provider where he successfully raised additional senior debt to fund acquisitions.