Winston Mar, a Partner and Senior Managing Director at SierraConstellation Partners, provides advisory and interim management services to distressed companies. He is skilled in setting strategic direction, performing creditor negotiation, and implementing productivity improvements. His experience spans a wide variety of industries, including advertising and marketing, energy, entertainment, computer products and services, food and agricultural products, consumer electronics, manufacturing, and restaurants.
Winston has assisted numerous companies with their restructuring efforts, both out-of-court and during Chapter 11 proceedings and has served in a variety of senior-level positions including Chief Restructuring Officer and Chief Executive Officer.
Prior to SCP, Winston was a managing director at CRG Partners where he worked on numerous high profile cases including Pilgrim’s Pride, which received the “TMA Turnaround of the Year” award in 2010. Winston also won the M&A Advisor’s Annual Turnaround Award for Restructuring of the Year of between $25-$50 million for his work with the Cranberry Growers Cooperative in 2019.
Winston holds a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Southern California and an MBA from UCLA Anderson School of Management. Winston is licensed as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA, inactive) in California.
- Served as interim CFO for an electronic products company during its Chapter 11 proceedings, which resulted in a successful sale.
- Acted as financial advisor to a $100 million IT services company, which resulted in an out- of-court settlement of the trade debt and an equity infusion.
- Facilitated the sale of a $100 million entertainment distribution company and managed its creditor relations, which allowed the company to continue operations as a new entity.
- Acted as financial advisor to a $150 million video distribution company and assisted in the sale of the company through an assignment for the benefit of creditors.
- Served as CEO of a sun-dried tomato processor and distributor, where he arranged the restructuring, stabilized the restructured entity, and subsequently sold the company to a strategic buyer.